Why Hike With Us
Why Hike With Us
1. Table Mountain is our office as well as our playground
We don’t dabble in mountain guiding. It’s what we do for a living. We’re passionate about the mountain and love sharing it with others.
2. We believe in safety first. And fun a close second
We don’t do prim and proper well. We love laughter, humor, scintillating conversation, genuine connection, playfulness and spontaneity.
3. We know Table Mountain like the back of our hands
Every aspect down to its moods, nuances and hidden gems.
We are the only mountain-guiding service that offers hikes up all 60-odd Table Mountain hiking and scrambling routes.
This means you get choice as well as the opportunity to explore off the beaten track.
4. We focus on Table Mountain
We specialize in hikes up Table Mountain and purposely refrain from diluting our expertise through the exclusion of other activities and mountains.
5. We’ve guided thousands of people up Table Mountain
From the easiest route to the most challenging, so we understand your needs in the mountains.
Mountain guiding is as much about understanding people as knowing the route and understanding the terrain.
We have extensive experience in the dynamics and subtleties of leading people up mountains.
6. We are qualified and accredited Mountain Guides
But having a driver’s license alone doesn’t make you a safe or competent driver: experience is what counts most, and we have plenty.
And not just mountain experience, but mountain-guiding experience – there’s a big difference.
7. We don’t act as middlemen or agents
We never pass on work to other, faceless guides. We do the hikes ourselves.
8. We work hard to set the highest standards possible
We challenge our industry and ourselves to be better each day. And we do so from a place of passion.
9. We cater for all levels of fitness and experience
And for the full spectrum of interests. From rank beginners to hardened mountaineers. From single-minded peak baggers to soulful nature lovers. From easy strolls to challenging scrambles necessitating the use of a rope.
10. Our core values include honesty, respect and courtesy
Our defining qualities: passion, enthusiasm, attentiveness, competence, friendliness and a sense of humor.